SEQUENCING – Dec 8, 2018: 11:30-5:00 p.m.
ADJUSTING – Dec 9, 2018: 11:30-2:30 p.m.
Join Goldie in her fool-proof sequencing immersion as she walks you through step by step, almost like an algorithm, how she sequences and why she believes this is the best way to learn for all learning styles. Just like there's an order to the alphabet, the same thing applies to your sequences, whether you make them "creative" or not.
In this workshop we will cover:
- Understanding the rationale behind sequencing
- Learn fundamental actions of asanas/counterpose principles
- How to plan an intelligent class step by step
- Learn Goldie’s "fool proof" sequencing method and how she creates every class
- Function vs. Form; How to decipher when one is more important than the other
- Learn how to get creative without sacrificing safe sequencing
- Review counterpose principles
- Increase skill and confidence in the classroom
- Understand kinesthetic empathy while planning
- Creating playlists that lend to your plan
- Understand kinesthetic empathy
- Improve observation skills when teaching/adjusting
- Learn the reasons why to adjust
- Learn how to give Intermediate and advanced adjustments
- Basic understanding of common contraindications